Analytics
4.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Management API returning incorrect accounts for Shell

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company downloads data for accounts for thousands of clients. These accounts are spread over many shell accounts which they are linked to. Each shell has different credentials and tokens used for Oauth, and we make api calls based on these credentials.

Recently one of our shells started returning a list of accounts that belong to another shell. I verified the usernames and Oauth credentials are correct when we make the api call, vs the credentials in the Google Analytics portal.

Does anybody have any suggestions where I could look for the cause of this?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gannett S
July 2016

Re: Google Analytics Management API returning incorrect accounts for Shell

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Gannett,

Sign into GA and look at the admin section of the affected accounts and make sure that they are still configured correctly. Next step after that would be to verify that the affected accounts are properly deployed. (Check the account, property, and all views) Once this is done we can try other things to narrow down the issue. Such as does the data only show messed up in the API call and correctly when in the GA console, etc.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gannett S
July 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Gannett,

Sign into GA and look at the admin section of the affected accounts and make sure that they are still configured correctly. Next step after that would be to verify that the affected accounts are properly deployed. (Check the account, property, and all views) Once this is done we can try other things to narrow down the issue. Such as does the data only show messed up in the API call and correctly when in the GA console, etc.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your help Brian!
I checked the accounts and they were configured properly.
I regenerated the Oath credentials, and that fixed it!