Analytics
2.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Is Not Showing Traffic Reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Two questions:

1) I have had Google Analytics set up on my site for a little over 12 hours and I still can't view the traffic I've received. It does, however, seem to show who is currently active on the site.

2) Where do I place the Google Analytics code on my pages? Google says to place the include file right AFTER the <body> tag, but they also say it should be placed right before the </head> tag. This is very confusing, and I suspect it is an error in Google's writing.

Could someone please help me out?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nick,

The code should be placed right before the </head> tag. It might take up to 48 hours to see data in your reports.

If you're seeing data in your Real-Time report, GA should work.

You can share the URL of your website and we can quickly take a look if something is wrong or not.

Hope this helps.
Taavi

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks! I think there must be an error in Google's site. I'm hoping an expert from Google will read this post so he or she can notify them of the error. Here is a link to my website.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

@Nick S Google Analytics works properly on your website and hits are being sent to Google's servers (already tested it). Keep in mind, data processing latency is 24-48 hours in Google Analytics. That's it.

Make sure you analyze this property - UA-98320936-1 (that's where your data is being sent).

Hope this helps.

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It certainly does help. Thank you for looking into this for me.

All the best,

Nick