Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Data Lost - 26/10/16 + Channel Attribution Lost 27/10/16

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ADD A REPLY

Hi,

It looks like Google Analytics lost loads of data yesterday (Wednesday 26th October 2016) up to 3pm. After that time, all data looks correct but still missing about 50% of it before 3pm. 

Transaction data was lost, as well as traffic, as far as I can see and it's still not back (I check my stats twice every hour and I literally watched the data vanish). 

Also, there was an issue where all the hourly traffic vanished from my reports for Tuesday 25/10/16 but this has now come back. Data definitely seems to have been lost but hopefully Google have a backup?

Also Search Console was giving a 404 for quite some time, might be related?

Can anyone help me get the data back? 

It looks like there could still be problems with Google's data as I'm now getting 20% more direct visitors today (27/10/16), since the issue yesterday and an astonishing 23% more (% New Sessions). 

Traffic levels are normal and follow the usual patterns, it seems that channel attribution seems a little messed up. It's almost like many of G's tracking cookies have been deleted on people's machines?

Kind regards,

Ray

Google Analytics Data Lost - 26/10/16 + Channel Attribution Lost 27/10/16

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ray, I've got the same problem and still cannot explain it. Did you find the answer? Please reply me if you did, thanks a lot!

Re: Google Analytics Data Lost - 26/10/16 Channel Attribution Lost 27/10/16

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The data never came back and nobody could say why.