Analytics
1.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Concurrent users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am trying to calculate concurrent users from Audience Overview in google analytics history. But the calculated concurrent users is different from the one which was displayed in real time overview.

Example:

On 7th oct when I try to calculate concurrent users for 6th @4:00 pm through the following values:

In audience overview  @4:00pm on 6th Oct

No of sessions were: 1416

avg session duration = 5 min and 51 sec

Concurrent Visitors= Hourly (sessions) visitors * (Time Spent on Site in s)/ 3600

= 1416X{ 351/3600}

= 138 concurrent users

But On 6 oct I had recorded the actual Real time users around 4:30 PM they were rotating between 210-260 Right now panel in  Real time overview of GA.

Looking for advice. thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Analytics Concurrent users

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

In this particular case the best you can do is figure out how many users you had during a hourly time frame, this does not mean that they were concurrent. Your calculation above will give you an average but durng that time frame you could have had 1400 of your 1416 on at one time and after that 16 could have been on at one time but when you calculate that out you will get an average of 138 which is the best you can do.