Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Add-on for Google Sheets Content Grouping

M V
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
M V
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I've been busy already a while with building quite complex reports in Google Sheets, pulling data out of Analytics, and building elaborate dashboards.  I think in general I do understand it quite well.  Nevertheless, there's situations where I just don't know, and there's really not much info to be found.  Not really thát many people seem to use this add-on beyond the very basic things, I have the feeling.

One thing I'm struggling with is Content Grouping.  It just doesn't return the same data as I see in Google Analytics itself.  Some categories within a Content Group are just a few percentages off, but at least one is A LOT off (around double in sheets compared to data in GA).  So I just can't really 'trust' that data, and so at least one is just unusable.

Anybody experience with this?  Or knows where I go wrong?  Basically it's quite 'simple' that I just have in the metrics 'ga:contentGroupUniqueViews2' (well, I have 3 and 4 as well), and then in Dimensions 'ga:isoYearIsoWeek' and 'ga:landingContengGroup2'.  That's it, should be fine, yet returning different data than what I see in GA itself.

Gr,

Mattijs

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Analytics Add-on for Google Sheets Content Grouping

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Mattijs,

How does your data look when you remove the dimension ga:landingContentGroup2?  More like you expect?

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn