Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytic showing double transaction and revenue so I am paying high to google ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Expert,

I have created custom report where it showing me for same order id with two different url i.e. 1) Thank you page 2) homepage then 1) thank you page  2) product page then 1) thank you page 2) checkout step etc

And because of this in double transaction and double revenue is showing. And for google/cpc I am paying something extra for which I am not eligible.

Though I have set in my tag manager rule that fired that transaction only it is thank you page.

Can you please let me know what is happening?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytic showing double transaction and revenue so I am paying high to google ?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Sophia,

You may have a user returning to the receipt page and firing the transaction again. By default this would be de-duped in the normal report but you would see the revenue in aggregate so it's a problem.

You usually check for this with a cookie or some other method to only fire the transaction once. Since you are using GTM, check out SimoAhava's post on this:

http://www.simoahava.com/gtm-tips/prevent-repeat-transactions/#gref

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: Google Analytic showing double transaction and revenue so I am paying high to google ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@Theo Bennett,

I have implemented tags as per simo post but this thing didn't worked for me and because of this configuration my bounce rate gone very down from 55% to 17%.

Can anyone please give me proper solution?

Thanks!
Sophia

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Sophia,

A rapid drop in bounce rate usually means one of two things:

1. Two instances of the GA code firing on all/many pages (check the pages with the largest drops)
2. An event firing on page load that is not set as a non-interaction event.

Use GTM preview mode on those pages (or GA Debug or Google Tag Assistant or dataSlayer -- these are all Chrome plugins) to more easily view what's happening.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn