Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Goals Tracking is only tracking about half of the goals in terms of actual conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are tracking goals for a clients site and it seems that the Goals stats are 1/2 off of what the actual count should be.  For some reason it is counting only half of the stats that reach those goals.   

1 Expert replyverified_user

Goals Tracking is only tracking about half of the goals in terms of actual conversions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible that a user would complete the goal multiple times in the same session? Because goal completions are counted only once per session, even if they are triggered multiple times.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the quick response.  No, we are just tracking opt-in conversions.  Google Analytics is only showing 292 conversions when we have had almost 700 opt in.  So for some reason, it is tracking some and not others.  All traffic goes through the same process... landing page to a thank you page. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

What type is your goal? If it is a destination goal, please check the unique pageviews for the goal destination page. It should be the same as the nr of goal completions. It can happen that the tracking code is not being fired on every thank you page load for various reasons.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital