Analytics
3.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Goal is verified but not showing in analytics reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi , I have a couple of goals set up to track when a visitor hits a destination page (/thank-you/ after clicking to send a contact form.

When I set the goal up it showed as verified (0.37% in the past week), however Analytics reporting is giving me a big fat 0. Due to the niche nature of our product we don't get a huge amount of traffic or contact, but it would be extremely useful to check the funnels on the few that we get. 

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Goal is verified but not showing in analytics reports

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

There is a delay in recording the goals, I'd suggest you to wait a few hours after your tests, if it verifies there should be no problems. The goals are not recorded retroactively. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Arnold. That's great advice, but unfortunately not the case here. I set the goals up a few weeks ago, and the test said it was working, but I know we've had at least one contact since then but it doesn't show. I re-tested the goal and that contact was showing up then.

Thanks

Ben

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ben,

while the issue could be many different things, a useful tool for QAing Goal setup is to use the Real Time reports. Once the goal is configured this allows you to see the goal hits come through (almost) immediately under the Real Time > Conversions report.

This is helpful for debugging the situation at a much quicker rate, and without having to wait for the data to process into your standard reports.

Hope this helps,
Grant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Grant, another great piece of advice.

I'll give that a go.

Ben