Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Getting analytics beneath /home and /index.htm

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On  my content drill down page, Page Views only lists /home and /index.htm.  How can I see where traffic goes past this 2 pages?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeffrey T
July 2016

Re: Getting analytics beneath /home and /index.htm

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Hi Jeffrey,

Ouch. You have tagging issues!

You have two legacy versions of the code and one is set up incorrectly and it killing everything.

You may need to audit the entire site. I would upgrade to universal analytics and clean the whole thing at once. You may want to also consider Google Tag Manager at the same time.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Jeffrey,

Content drilldown is a way to view your data for sub-directories (folders).

You can use the User Explorer report under the audience section or use the navigation summary tab from all content.

User explorer is more robust and will give you more context.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Theo. User Explorer is almost what I need but it appears to fall short.  I see Client ID, Sessions, Avg Session Duration etc...What I need to find out it where those sessions reside...like *.aspx Pageviews.  I'm missing something that seems obvious. 

Thanks again.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Jeffrey,

My mistake I meant User Flow. Smiley Happy

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks.  I'm getting an error when selecting Users Flow - You may have applied a condition such as a date range, an advanced segment or a goal for which there is no data...." 

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Ah... you need to have a certain threshold of users to view this report. You'll have to wait for more traffic to collect. For now you can use Behavior>>site content>>all pages and then select the "Navigation Summary" tab.

Here is a recent post on how to use it:

http://www.morevisibility.com/blogs/analytics/understanding-the-google-analytics-navigation-summary-...

Best,

Theo Bennett

Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks again, Theo.  Believe it or not, our site has been up and running with GA for years.  I do not think the GA code is embedded correctly or I'd get metrics on other *.htm pages OR I'm completely missing something on my end.  In fact, Navigation Summary only references the 2 pages I mention /home and /index.  If I search for renewal.htm within Navigation Summary, I get "there is no data for this view".  I know the page exists, but isn't being measured.  Page is here: https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/renewal.htm and I have verified the source code contains the GA code.  I'm stumped.

Have a good one, Theo.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeffrey T
July 2016

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Hi Jeffrey,

Ouch. You have tagging issues!

You have two legacy versions of the code and one is set up incorrectly and it killing everything.

You may need to audit the entire site. I would upgrade to universal analytics and clean the whole thing at once. You may want to also consider Google Tag Manager at the same time.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks again.  Will work with our web guy to resolve.  Have a good one!