Analytics
1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Getting Funnel Visualization by Country

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to get the number of sessions by country along the funnel, a kind of funnel visualization by country. I would like to have a list, with Country, GoalFunnelCode, and Sessions (count) so I can recreate the funnel visualization by country. Can I do this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

funnel visualization by country may not be that easy as adding segment to funnel is not possible.

one way could be to create a view for specific country configure funnel there and see it.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Try using segments on the goal flow report.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Getting Funnel Visualization by Country

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you AT, I think all try the "Goal Flow" approach first, but I'm still in the dark, I'll get back here later, thank you again!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you John W, I will try it, thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The Goal Flow worked! Very simple!! I can only export it to PDF? What is missing now is the hability to export to na Excel, as a table, with the number of sessions per country and goal step.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

You cannot export it. More info here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2520139?hl=en and https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2519986

If you want to export the raw numbers then you could always attempt to recreate your goal report using the API (e.g. google sheets and GA add-on), though that may require some work. If you need it for a presentation, then I've found that presenting a simplified version of the goal flow reports (made myself) works pretty well for non-GA people. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much John W., that sounds perfect! I will try the google sheets option, it may be the perfect way of getting the job done, because in the end I would like to have a table in a spreadsheet with this data, perfect!

Thanks!

Carlos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When trying to "emulate" the "Funnel Visualization" built-in dashboard, I created a report with measure "Unique Pageviews" and dimension "Page" (filtering for the goal step pages). The report gives very similar results, but in some of the middle goal steps there is some diferences. Do anybody know the "rational" behind the "Funnel Visualization" report? I can't manage to reproduce the same results in a report (now I'm using Google sheets)

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

Probably a result of back-filling, check out this article to learn more about this:

http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2014/10/21/goals-funnels-confusion-google-analytics/