AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Getting Error in User Traffic Count

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
I have been notified that there might be some issues with tracking users and pageviews on Google Analytics.
So, I have created my own script for tracking users, visitors and page views.
In my script, I am taking IP, date and page view. If there are multiple visits on site from same IP and same date, then it will increase page speed + 1 each time.
So, we don’t have multiple IP on same time only pageviews increases.
I can see that there are approx 1200 total IPs which has accessed our site on 22 NOV, but when I check in GA, then it shows approx 200, a huge difference between my tracking and GA. I am assuming that you should have any filter which I didn’t add in my script.
Can you please share your suggestion that why we have only approx 200 visitors/users showing in GA and a large number according to my script as I am saving IPs of visitor or loggend in users.

let me know if I need to share my script as well.

Also, I am using both the universal script and Google Analytic Script on my website and both are showing me different results.

Please solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,