Analytics
9.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

General Questions About Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask you what exactly is going on with google analytics. Everyday my site's statistics in real time are almost the same at standard time (for example at 10am almost the same number everyday, at 12pm the same etc). 

Also i post an article which one goes straight to the top of the list in real time users but my overall statistics dropped down. How is this possible? Are Google Analytics Statistics really reliable?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,

Dimitris

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: General Questions About Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Dimitris,

Real time reports are not really reliable so for any real analysis try to create a custom report using time based dimensions (hour and minute) and try to recreate the day based on when and how you pushed an article live. The dates you will use should never be for the current day as GA sometimes needs up to 24 hours to process all of the hits.

If you can see that the traffic is behaving in a particular pattern try to determine if this may even be bot / spam traffic (high bounce rate, direct traffic or spam referrals and similar).

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net