Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

GA video tutorial on traffic sources, feedback wanted!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I made a tutorial video explaining the concept of traffic sources in Google Analytics using the Google Merchandise Store Demo Account!

[video]

Would love to hear feedback and suggestions. Comment on the video or write here.

/(Data) David

Re: GA video tutorial on traffic sources, feedback wanted!

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

Great initiative!

Couple of comments:

1) Campaign timeout - it really depends on the business. I usually do not recommend changing it because it will screw up all the attribution paths and if you set the campaign timeout to 1 day, you may loose a lot of valuable data regarding the lifetime value of your customers. If possible, I would recommend clarifying that a bit more so that your audience is not going to change it without knowing the background. Just a detail that I noticed.

2) For instance, one more thing you can add. By default, HTTPS websites do not send referrer data to non-HTTPS (or HTTP) websites. Document referrer would be blank.

Hope this helps. Keep it going.

Taavi

GA video tutorial on traffic sources, feedback wanted!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taavi!

Thanks for the feedback! I will try to include the comments in an upcoming follow-up episode.

Best,

David