Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

GA video tutorial on traffic sources, feedback wanted!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I made a tutorial video explaining the concept of traffic sources in Google Analytics using the Google Merchandise Store Demo Account!

Would love to hear feedback and suggestions. Comment on the video or write here.

/(Data) David

Re: GA video tutorial on traffic sources, feedback wanted!

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

Great initiative!

Couple of comments:

1) Campaign timeout - it really depends on the business. I usually do not recommend changing it because it will screw up all the attribution paths and if you set the campaign timeout to 1 day, you may loose a lot of valuable data regarding the lifetime value of your customers. If possible, I would recommend clarifying that a bit more so that your audience is not going to change it without knowing the background. Just a detail that I noticed.

2) For instance, one more thing you can add. By default, HTTPS websites do not send referrer data to non-HTTPS (or HTTP) websites. Document referrer would be blank.

Hope this helps. Keep it going.

Taavi

GA video tutorial on traffic sources, feedback wanted!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taavi!

Thanks for the feedback! I will try to include the comments in an upcoming follow-up episode.

Best,

David