Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

GA stopped suddenly tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

GA suddenly stopped collecting data on about Feb. 3., except for a few pageviews here and there. The site is reach.ieee.org

Coincidentally on the same day I associated the GA account with my GSC account. But there has been no changed or interruption in the GSC data, and the Search Console report in GA matches that data in GSC.

Other than that there have been no changes to the tracking code, filters, etc.

Any help appreciated.

Dave G.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David G :-)
Are you able to please check the Property Setting page in google analytics and post the tracking id number that is at the top of that page.

Linking GA to GSC shouldnt have any affect on the tracking. That data isnt tracked by GA, its tracked by GSC and imported into the GA reports

eta. also is there at least one View that has no filters applied to it? 

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

tracking code is:

UA-4930232-18

There are two views, one with filters excluding internal traffic, one with no filters.

Since I posted this question the Real Time report has inexplicably started collecting data again...

I have also:

removed and then reloaded the tracking code

requested that GSC re-index the site

Thanks for your attention.

Dave G.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Im not seeing any issues with the tracking code on the site.

Regarding real time reporting.. if real time reporting for a particular View hasnt been accessed for (i think 7 days but dont quote me. may be more or less).. then it goes into kind of like a suspended state temporarily to conserve server resources and sometimes needs to have the browser page refreshed a couple of times to kick it back into gear .. 
having said that though, it does not affect tracking or data being reported in standard reports.

Is there data missing in the unfiltered View too from Feb 3 - today?

Is it a high traffic site?
Would data limits be affecting the reporting?

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1070983?hl=en

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here