Analytics
3.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

GA showing zero traffic. Why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

GA is showing zero traffic on our site since 23 Jan 17. There was a time when our SSL cert was expired but it was only 2 weeks or so and was fixed a number of weeks ago. Our Google ranking is still really good and I know at least one person accessed the site last week. I haven't made any changes to the website. WP may have updated itself, I don't recall.

What is causing this?

www.ruthlessleather.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

GA showing zero traffic. Why?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
There isnt any tracking code installed. 
Depending on how the code was installed, if the theme was changed, or there was a theme update or WP updated then the tracking may have been removed.

I strongly recommend either checking if your current active theme has a theme option for adding script to the head section of your website or using one of the free plugins for installing GA from wordpress.org.

This will help to prevent deinstallation of the tracking code when updates occur.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: GA showing zero traffic. Why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you.