Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

GA not reporting any stats

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello folks,

For some reason all my reporting just stopped showing any stats as of Jan 7th yet my jetpack plugin on my WordPress site shows stats and I know people are visiting the site. 

Any ideas why? I haven't made any changes to the site.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Have you checked to see if the tracking code is still installed?

If you are using a plugin for the tracking code, has the plugin updated recently (sometimes an update can break a plugin)

Have any filters been applied to the GA View(s)?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Thank you for the response. I checked Google Tag Assistant and it showed no tags were installed for some reason. I then ran my site, www.kuldipgill.ca though http://www.gachecker.com/ and it showed all the tags where there. 

I reinstalled the code in the header and now Tag Assistant shows they are firing. I guess I'll have to see if they are tracking by tomorrow.

The only filter I have is to exclude my IP address. I deleted that and re-created it just incase that filter was buggy.  

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

currently data is being sent to : UA-88773568-1

Make sure no filters are added to GA view recently.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The only filter I have is to exclude my IP. I deleted that and created a new one. 

I think when my WordPress theme updated it threw out my GA coding. The theme is set to auto update so I don't know exactly when it updated. 

I placed the code once again in the header and the tracker seems to be firing once again. 

I lost a week or so worth of data , but no big deal as it's just a fun site for my photos. 

Thank you for looking in on this for me and your help. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Thanks for posting back with the update :-)
If you use a plugin to add the tracking code, it will stop it from being overwritten and removed each time the theme updates.
The quickest/easiest one to use is the following
https://wordpress.org/plugins/header-and-footer-scripts/
It provides a field for the head and footer and you just paste your tracking code into

the head field and the plugin then adds it to your site in the correct place in the site's code

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Bronwyn V 

I'm trying to limit the amount of plugins I use as it really slowed my load times but I might take you up on this suggestion. 

Cheers