Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

GA mobile : wrong unique users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm using GA for my iOS app. My app has just been release on the AppStore and i have 11 downloads. When i look at GA stats with the period starting since the app is on the AppStore, it displays that i have more than 160 unique users !!! How is it possible ? Plus when i look the os source of the users, it displays : linux, microsoft,macOS, which is not possible for an iOS app... So i don't understand what the problem is... Seems that GA for mobile is not working very well. I'm using other SDK in the app too such as crashlytics or MoEngage and it displays good stats. 

Thanks for any help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Re: GA mobile : wrong unique users

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Christophe
Unfortunately, we don't deal with the mobile SDK and my personal experience is limited to the Android SDK.
The official way to get support for it is, as of yesterday, over on StackOverflow here: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/google-analytics/info

Sorry I cannot be of more assistance.

Dave

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Christophe
Unfortunately, we don't deal with the mobile SDK and my personal experience is limited to the Android SDK.
The official way to get support for it is, as of yesterday, over on StackOverflow here: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/google-analytics/info

Sorry I cannot be of more assistance.

Dave

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having the same problem but for my Android version. The app only runs on Android and its access is private to select people who are in UK or US. However GA says its got users in China, Russia and Africa even sessions on iOS! Do you have any more information regarding the issue.