Analytics
3.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

GA can't show full landing page URL with UTM Parameters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've created 15 different campaigns on Facebook with UTM parameters.

Example: thekarenproject.ca/testimonials.html?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialCPC&utm_content=DarkPost&utm_campaign=AdundantLiving

I want to see the total no. of sessions receiving to all these campaigns from certain date range. When I go the 'All Campaigns" and click the individual campaign I can see the total no. of visit but when I select the secondary dimension to confirm these visits that receiving to the right landing page of that campaign then GA doesn't show full LP url with UTM parameters, it shows only /testimonials.html

For the cross verify when I check 'content report' with campaign URL, common terms like 'DarkPost',  GA doesn't show any campaign URL with full UTM param... so how do I confirm those visits which I can see in the All Campaigns/Campaign Name, those are actual no. of sessions for Facebook Social Campaigns?  

Anybody about with the quick answer?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author BIG Group
September 2016

Re: GA can't show full landing page URL with UTM Parameters

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

It seems that GA removes the URL parameters to keep the reports cleaner. What you can do is create and advanced segment with the parameters you want to show Ad Content exactly matches your_utm_content

In your this case: Ad Content exactly matches DarkPost

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3124493#create

Then you can go to any report and you will only see data with utm_content=DarkPost 

Hope it helps,

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author BIG Group
September 2016

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

It seems that GA removes the URL parameters to keep the reports cleaner. What you can do is create and advanced segment with the parameters you want to show Ad Content exactly matches your_utm_content

In your this case: Ad Content exactly matches DarkPost

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3124493#create

Then you can go to any report and you will only see data with utm_content=DarkPost 

Hope it helps,

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the speedy reply Carlos!
Can you please check that link you've posted here it's not working.

I've added the new segment with content DarkPost and GA divide traffic in every single report with that name. This new segment GA pops up to the each level of metrics, let say if I don't want to keep this segment permanently then grab those data first from particular segment and then delete them, this way it's working?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Sorry, I fixed the link (it is the segment help page).

I'm not sure if I understand your second question. But segments are not permanent once you create it you will have it on your segment list and you can select it and unselect it whenever you want.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay Gotcha!! Thanks much!