Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

GA - Web and mobile App in the same view

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Guys,

We have a website, it has a desktop version, mobile versions and a mobile APP (Mobile App is just the mobile website in the form of App). All these have the same GA tracking code in them and have a single GA property view.

The question that I have is - In this single view, does GA capture all the data from the webpages and the App Screens ? (We do not have like custom GA tracking for screen views in the APP, all we have is the .js Tracking info universal code in all).

If this single view does not capture the APP data, then I can create a separate view for App and have that .js tracking code in the Apps.

Thanks,

Navi

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GA - Web and mobile App in the same view

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If the App is just a mobile website using the .js tracking code, then there are no 'screens', just web pages, and everything will appear as pages. It all depends on how you coded the javascript to capture the actions. If it is the same as the website, it will report the same as the website.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks so much Mike,

So then there is no way in differentiating which traffic came from mobile webpages and mobile app ??

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The way to differentiate is in your tracking code. If you can place a specific value for the browser or a custom dimension, then you'd be able to differentiate at reporting time. I am following your statement of the tracking code is the same....
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.