AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

GA Traffic Data not being pulled through API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Please help:

I am trying to pull GA Traffic data using GA API but for some reason, no data is being pulled from one website. The affected website is http://www.printrunner.com.

For all other websites in our account, all GA Traffic data are being pulled successfully except for this. Would any one know where I can start checking? Since the API works for other websites, I am thinking this isn't where the problem is.

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chim T
December 2016

Re: GA Traffic Data not being pulled through API

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chim,

your site is definitely collecting Google Analytics data, as a quick scan will show:

Screenshot 2016-12-14 09.53.03.pngMake sure your reports give you access to property UA-237232-1 and UA-237232-2.

Also, seeing how you have Google Tag Manager installed, you might want to migrate GA from page tagging to GTM.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chim T
December 2016

Re: GA Traffic Data not being pulled through API

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chim,

your site is definitely collecting Google Analytics data, as a quick scan will show:

Screenshot 2016-12-14 09.53.03.pngMake sure your reports give you access to property UA-237232-1 and UA-237232-2.

Also, seeing how you have Google Tag Manager installed, you might want to migrate GA from page tagging to GTM.

Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

Thank you for the quick response! Last help needed, Is this how to give access to the property that you mentioned: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009702?

I will need to specify this to our admin when I make the request.

And I am using the service account email, I assume this is the email address (user) that will be added?

thank you so much!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ask your admin, s(he) will know Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

great, thank you!