Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

GA Traffic Data not being pulled through API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Please help:

I am trying to pull GA Traffic data using GA API but for some reason, no data is being pulled from one website. The affected website is http://www.printrunner.com.

For all other websites in our account, all GA Traffic data are being pulled successfully except for this. Would any one know where I can start checking? Since the API works for other websites, I am thinking this isn't where the problem is.

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chim T
December 2016

Re: GA Traffic Data not being pulled through API

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chim,

your site is definitely collecting Google Analytics data, as a quick scan will show:

Screenshot 2016-12-14 09.53.03.pngMake sure your reports give you access to property UA-237232-1 and UA-237232-2.

Also, seeing how you have Google Tag Manager installed, you might want to migrate GA from page tagging to GTM.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

Thank you for the quick response! Last help needed, Is this how to give access to the property that you mentioned: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009702?

I will need to specify this to our admin when I make the request.

And I am using the service account email, I assume this is the email address (user) that will be added?

thank you so much!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ask your admin, s(he) will know Smiley Happy

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

great, thank you!