Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

GA Tracking issue. Help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We noticed a 100% GA drop off  in site visits for one of our publishers placements since 03/14/2017. We did not make any adjustments to the campaign on our or the publisher's end. The publisher sent us a testpage and we did see the UTM code when clicking on the ad. However, we're still not seeing any registered sessions in GA. I did a ghostery on the landing page and see the GA code. Could the the issue be on GA's end?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tan P
May 2017

GA Tracking issue. Help!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Highly unlikely to be a GA problem. Most likely a snippet problem; Suggest you use the Google Tag Assistance extension or Chrome and let it test the GA implementation. Having the code there is a good start, but it also have to be executed and it could be buried within other tags that cause it to be ignored or fail to run properly.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

GA Tracking issue. Help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That helped! Seems like the webmaster did not implement the correct GA container ID. Thank you!!!