Analytics
6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

GA Search by Profile ID - Help Request

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good afternoon and happy holidays GA community!  

I am looking for help enhancing the results of my site search behaviors to identify WHO is doing each search.  For example with my points-retail site, I can see that 350 users searched for Apple, but I want to identify who those 350 users are so that I can send them targeted marketing emails.  

Can you please advise if and how to access this level of detail?  Thanks for your time and thoughts via the forum or to email alevy@hinda.com

Best warm wishes, Adam

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Adam,

Happy Holidays to you.  On to your question:

1. You can do this with AdWords by simply creating an audience based upon the search term.

2. In order to do this in another platform (CRM, etc. ) then you need to have a way to join the datasets.  Typically this would be done via Custom Dimensions and there is a guide on how to do that here:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/solutions/crm-integration#summary-of-crm-data-integration-op...

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Theo!  Is this something that you or other resources could potentially help me in implementing?