Analytics
5.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

GA Reports showing different values for matrices

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I ran a Google content experiment. Now I am interested to know the user behavior on my original & variant page & trying to understand different matrices such as bounce rate, avg. time on page, pageviews, events etc.

There are 2 type of reports available under experiment tab. Conversion & page metrics.

EXperiment.jpg

While analysis, I observe that both these report are showing wildly different values for pageviews for both original & variant page. The conversion report shows the pageviews which is more than double the page metric report.

I also tried to see the pageviews report for original & variant page under behavior>all pages & segmented the data with experiment id and I again see different values for pageviews &  bounce rate. The experiment sessions for variant is much higher than the total sessions of this variant page in all pages report for the same date range. Have anyone noticed the same thing in theirs account. Can anyone tell as what could be the reason for this? or how interpret these reports. Is my approach wrong. Any guidance would be much appreciated.