Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

GA Problem:No address associated with hostname?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our App with GA always report this problem:Unable to resolve host "www.xxx.com": No address associated with hostname.We check so many information,but we don't find any details about this problem.So we need help from you,everyone.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GA Problem:No address associated with hostname?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Can you provide the actual URL for your site so we can verify correct code deployment, also you may want to check your property settings in the Admin section to make sure you have the default URL set correctly if your site is https and you have it set to http it could cause this error, also verify your Websit's URL in your View Settings both of these are typically set to the same value.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks...Our actual URL is:http://www.mideo.cc.   And I have checked property settings in the Admin section,the default URL set correct.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Sorry I tried to visit your site but it seems DISA has you blocked from my view.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok,Can you tell me what's the meaning of this word DISA?We will fix it.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Defense Information Systems Agency, it is the agency of the Department of Defense that controls the access of Miltary Networks with the outside world. No way for you to fix the issue DISA either allows for access from my location or they dont.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Here is the website IP:169.57.129.154.And can you visit this website?Can you tell me what's your location?

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Yes I could get to it via the IP address:
Your GA code does not appear to be deployed correctly you have the following (note I replaced your UA number with XXXXXXXXX I also see that you have a -2 after your UA so make sure that you are looking at your second account and not your first.
<script>
window.ga=window.ga||function(){(ga.q=ga.q||[]).push(arguments)};ga.l=+new Date;
ga('create', 'UA-XXXXXXXX-2', 'auto');
</script>
<script async src='//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js'></script>

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
I would expect to see something along these lines for your code
<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-XXXXXXXX-1', 'auto');
ga('require', 'linkid', 'linkid.js');
ga('require', 'displayfeatures');
ga('send', 'pageview');
</script>

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok,Thanks...We have fixed it according to your directions.If you have time,please help us make sure that it's right?And if it's right,we will fix it with other web page.I have a questionSmiley Surprisedur code is depolyed according to GA directions,but it's wrong?