Analytics
4.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

GA - Custom reports - # of sessions dont match between month and date (Same date Range)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

I have a customized report for a view and when I run the report with date (The # of sessions is 81) and the total # of rows is 50.

When I run the same report by just changing the date field to Month of the year, the # of sessions is 91.

The date range is the same, I do not know why this is happening. All the other feilds of the reports are the same, only the date is changed to month of the year.

Is it because the total # of rows in 50 exactly (Like some setting that says the max records allowed is 50) I did change the drop down from the bottom to 100 records to show in the same page and then downloaded the report, still the # of sessions and all other fields mismatch. I have run other reports that has more than 50 records and they all work fine.

Thanks,

Navi

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GA - Custom reports - # of sessions dont match between month and date (Same date Range)

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Navi,

I was not able to replicate the behavior you are seeing. Your row count, if you are only using one dimension, should be equal to the number of days in your date range and then equal to the number of months in your date range.

I will add that custom reports are not pre-aggregated so they are subject to sampling.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: GA - Custom reports - # of sessions dont match between month and date (Same date Range)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Theo, That was spot on. I always have my setting at high precision. So if another user or admin changes logs in via his profile and changes this setting will it impact even my profile ? just curious but it should not tho right.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Navi,

You're welcome. The control is sticky for you so another user changing it in their own log-in would not impact the whole account or property and; therefore, would not impact your experience in the UI.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn