Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

GA 360 - Sampled Data for All Users, Unsampled for Segments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been having an issue with my GA 360 data. 

When I open a report to look at yesterday's data, the All Users Data is different once I add a segment. Once I add a segment, the All Users data is higher and matches the Unsampled reports I download.

Does anyone else have this issue or know what could be happening? 

I run daily reports for my team in the morning, so I need the data to be correct and unsampled as it should be since I have a 360 account (and the report says I'm seeing 100% of sessions).

Thank you in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

360 user here - my experience is that, despite the UI saying the data is unsampled it actually is, hence the difference in numbers. I have based this on comparing data to unsampled tables and unsampled API queries. 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, John. It is definitely a sampling issue, but I'm not sure if I can push Google to fix the problem so that my morning reports are accurate. 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Have you tried creating a custom table(s) to get at the unsampled data? Once the table is created then the data will be unsampled from that point onwards. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2774517?hl=en

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I haven't, but the tip makes sense. I've found that our custom dashboards don't have the sampling problem, so I will work on creating more for upper management to view. Thank you for your help.