Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Full url suddenly shows up double for every page under All pages

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The page url's for our domains listed under Behavior - All pages suddenly show up double. Where it used to be "www.ourdomainname.com/[url-of-page]', it now shows up as "www.ourdomainname.com/www.ourdomainname.com/[url-of-page]'.

This is also the case for our filtered view which hides the domain name. For instance, our home page used to simply show up as "/". It now shows as "/www.ourdomainname.com/".

We did not tamper with any filters lately. 

Does anyone know what causes this bug and how to fix it? Thanks!

Re: Full url suddenly shows up double for every page under All pages

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Can you check your property settings-Default URL and view setting-Website's URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there anything in particular I should look out for there? I noticed that the default url (and website url for various views) is still listed as 'http' instead of 'https'. We switched to the latter, though that was about six months ago. The problems in Analytics just recently showed up.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
The Default URL would be prepended to the content URI when you are viewing content reports.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, which until recently worked fine but now the URI already has the default URL in front of it - starting with a /. So for instance in the All pages section, the homepage that previously showed up as "/" is now listed as /www.domain.com/". So when you click to the page from Analytics, you get: www.domain.com/www.domain.com/". What's going on there...

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Change "Default page" option to blank in your View Settings.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The Default page field already is blank. We did not alter anything for our views recently.

Anyone else who encountered this issue and knows what is up?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having the same exact issue.