Analytics
1.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Full report all sesions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all! 

Is it possible to get a report with every single session in detail. For example session 1 has a session time of 20 seconds and hasn't completed a transaction and session 2 has a session time of 50 seconds and completed a transaction with a value of 400€ and so on with every session you have. This is for some tests in SPSS. 

Thanks already for the help! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Luuk v
November 2015

Re: Full report all sesions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Luuk,

not really. The point is you don't have an actual session ID at disposition to display as report dimension. However, if you want to limit your test to ecommerce transactions there is the unique transaction ID that might be suitable. Assuming that users usually don't make more than one transaction per session, the number of transactions might be a reasonable approximation to the number of sessions with transactions.

So, you can set up a custom report with dimension "Transaction ID" and metrics "Session Duration" and "Revenue".

Christoph

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Luuk v
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Luuk,

not really. The point is you don't have an actual session ID at disposition to display as report dimension. However, if you want to limit your test to ecommerce transactions there is the unique transaction ID that might be suitable. Assuming that users usually don't make more than one transaction per session, the number of transactions might be a reasonable approximation to the number of sessions with transactions.

So, you can set up a custom report with dimension "Transaction ID" and metrics "Session Duration" and "Revenue".

Christoph

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Luuk,

I do not believe this is possible as Sessions, Transactions and Time on Site are all Metrics. You need to have at least one Dimension.

You can use the Dimensions & Metrics Explorer for a List of Dimensions & Metrics: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets

May I suggest you use "transaction ID" as your Dimension.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
lol Christoph, you were quicker than me, but good to know we are on the same page Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
It just happens, Bryan - good to know we share the same answer!