Analytics
5.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Finding out the number of individual visitors per month

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'd like to find out how many different people accessed my site in January per location.

E.g. I'd like to find out how many unique users from the USA visited my site in January. I'd like to then use this information to get a daily average.

But I've no idea how I can find this information out.

Would the right way of doing this be going onto 'Location', selecting USA, reading off how many 'new users' came from the USA during the date range, then dividing by 31 to get a daily average?

I can't find anything on GA for 'individual users' or 'unique users', so I'm assuming 'new users' is what I should be working with, but I'm not sure.

Any advice very greatly appreciated!

Jennie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Finding out the number of individual visitors per month

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jennie,

Set up a custom report at 'Customization > Custom Reports > New custom report' with country as dimension, and sessions, users, and new users as metrics.

What you're looking for are users. New users are first-time users. The difference between users and new users will be the returning ones.

Keep in mind, however, that users in this technical sense means device-specific cookie IDs. So, whenever a user changes its device or deletes his device cookies, he will appear as a different user.

Christoph