Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Filtering down to the top 20 posts in page views but only for the ones published that month

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all: 

I was wondering if any of you could help me with this problem. I would like to filter out all my content so I can see the top 20 posts in terms of pageviews for my website, but I only want the top 20 posts that were published specifically that month. I want to see how certain pages do in the same month they are published, ex. seeing what brought in the most traffic that was published or e-mail blasted that month, like an article published in the month of April on April 3rd, or a see how a webinar e-mail blast did on April 17th. 

Does anyone know how to do this, and what is the procedure step-by-step? It would be so greatly appreciated, as I have a report due Wednesday and have never narrowed it down that specifically before. Any help would be wonderful!

Thanks!

Re: Filtering down to the top 20 posts in page views but only for the ones published that month

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Keith,

For filtering the top 20 content on navigate to Behavior >> Site Content >> All Pages. Here you can filter the pages with top pageviews and increase the number of rows to 20 in order to see your required result.

For viewing the top posts published in a particular month select the date range and create an advanced segment and enter each page path to view the reports. I don't think there is a way of filtering posts which are recently published or published in a specific month.

i hope this would give you a quick idea
please let us know if this works for you

Cheers
Noman karim