Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Filtering a dimension in a calculated metric

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up a GA dashboard and one of the widgets I want to show is identifying the most popular exit pages by %.

The problem is I have lots of pages with 1 visit and 100% exit rate. I am more interested in identifying pages with >500 visits and then sorting these by Exit %.

Is there a way to do this in the GA dashboards? I can do it in the reports but the filters and sort are stripped out when I add the widget to the dashboard.

Thanks in advance

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

you can filter the data in the dashboard config.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1068218?hl=en#add_widgets_to_your_dashboard

You can limit the data shown by the widget by clicking Add a filter. Filters let you include or exclude data in the specified dimension that match your filter criteria. You can add multiple rows to your filter definition. All conditions must be met for the filter to work.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I can see how you'd add a filter by a dimension (such as Page) but not by a metric (such as Page views).

Being able to filter by dimensions will not allow me to see only pages with more than 500 views