Analytics
4.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Filltered dashboard does not match report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I've created a dashboard that filters data at the page level, and what I'm finding is that the data is not matching when I run a report. When I export the data, I'm finding even more discrepancies. Is there a reason for this or a solve for the issue? 

thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Filltered dashboard does not match report

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
When you filter at the page level, many session-level metrics will be affected -- the sessions count itself being the most significant. Sessions are ONLY counted against the landing page, so when the page was not the first page in the user's session, the number of sessions for that visit would be zero, but it would have pageviews and a user. Many calculated metrics (bounce rate) would be affected.

Note there is a big difference between filtering at the page level and using a segment with a page filter. In the segment, all pages from any session that included the target page would be included, not just the target page.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.