Analytics
5.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Figuring out which page a custom report is referring to when the page name is not one I recognize

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi friends - I'm super inexperienced with GA so bear with me.  I ran a Custom Report from the Dashboard that shows all the pages in my website and how many pageviews, the bounce rates, etc. for each page.  Trouble is some of the page names I have no idea which page they are referring to.  Like these:

/default.htm?k=U2FsdGVkX1/JcJs4OUSfvSUNWjzVP9ae2tOI5NMPiMQ=
/sharebutton.to

I see there's a little + icon to click that should take me to the page in my site that the name matches, but when I do that I get DNS Address not Found.  Help?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Laurie M
May

Figuring out which page a custom report is referring to when the page name is not one I recognize

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Good morning Laurie.

The sharebutton one is spam. Basically they manipulate the hit data being sent to your analytics account. Nothing to worry about in terms of "being hacked" but it will affect your data within GA, obviously. Here is some more information on it and some suggestions on preventing it. Link 1, Link 2, Link 3.

As for the other default I am not sure. But could be something similar. If you do a secondary dimension of 'Page Name' does that name look familiar?