Analytics
6.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Facebook and TripAdvisor show up under both "Referrals" and "Social"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm working on some reports for my team and would like to include data about visits, conversions, transactions, and revenue from different sources.  While looking under the referral channel section under "Acquisitions", I notice that sites like TripAdvisor (we're a hotel) and Facebook show up there.  Then while looking under the social channel section under the same "Acquisitions", TripAdvisor and Facebook show up there as well - with different sets of data.  The number of visits, revenue, etc. is different then it appeared in the referrals section.  

My question is - to get a total amount of visits, revenue, etc. should I combine that data, or is one section incorporated in another?  I don't want to report on duplicate numbers, but also want to be sure I'm attributing the proper metrics to these sources. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Facebook and TripAdvisor show up under both "Referrals"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jeanette,

actually, social networks are some part of referrals which already might be an explanation.

But check if there are any inconsistencies using a custom report with the following set-up:

screenshot.gif

Once set up that report you can filter for 'facebook' or 'tripadvisor' to get an overview of all relevant dimensions.

Christoph