Analytics
5.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Facebook and Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have notice in August that I have problem with Google Analytics , don't read good the contents from my site. My site it is on Word Press.

The things I notice, that what google analytics read, results are not the match with the "link click" from the Facebook page. It use to be ok, now it is not.

I will send you in attach the screen shot of the news result from google analytics, and two screen shot from Facebook pages.

Just I want to mentioned, that in August my site did not have SEO ( we building new site).

Pls does anyone know what happening?I know that I ask already,here, but check out please the screen shot I send, it look like it is to much different?google analytics news.jpgreach from fb page 1.jpgreach from fb page 2.jpg

Thanks

Kind regards

Tomislav

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Toma R
September 2016

Re: Facebook and Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Tomislav I see that your using a filter and you mentioned that you just redid your site have you taken a look at your filter to see if it needs adjusting to accomodate the new site. It could also be that you only have one days worth of data for Agust and that the facebook traffic that you are seeing is for all of August if the GA code was not collecting data for August it wont be able to report any number for the first part of August.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Brian B,

Thank you for your answer. Before I start to doing new site, this things did not happen, in this kind of way. I have some different count between GA and FB but never like this.
So you believe when I finish the site, to talk to the developer to connect GA with a new site?
Do you believe this is connected because I am momently still using my old site without SEO?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also, if you can help how to adjusting the filters for a news site?