Analytics
1.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

External page shows thousands of URL's in GA. Why? How do I know what I'm looking at?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I'm an intern generating some analytics reports for my company. We used to have an external page that was used for recruitment. The url for the page always started /chko1/ats/careers/. However, after that second / there were a large variety of numbers and letters. Instead of being able to look up the page as a whole, there were thousands of urls that were generated just to included the traffic to that page. some had thousands of views, others might have only one or two. Can anyone explain to me why this happened?  

I hope I've explained this well enough. Feel free to ask questions. 

Thank you for any help!

-Alexander

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: External page shows thousands of URL's in GA. Why? How do I know what I'm looking at?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Alexander,

Your site might have been infected with malware and that generates those URLs. Please check your folders on your webserver to see if you can find any suspicious files or any suspicious code in your files. Please check the malicious code examples below:
https://aw-snap.info/articles/php-examples.php
Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital