Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Existing views no receiving data after activating User ID - extra strange

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have a strange issue. I had three views prior activating User ID on august 12th: everything, website and mobile application. Daily traffic is usually in the hundreds of thousands sessions.

I activated the User ID feature in the property settings but I ended up creating a new view without selecting the "user id reports" checkmark, so I ended up creating a new "normal" view, called website test.

What is really strange is that since august 13th, all the pre-existing views show zero session in their reports, while I am able to see normal incoming traffic in the real-time reports. Meanwhile the new view, "website test", is showing traffic correctly since it has been created.

Do you have an idea about what the issue could be? I didn't change any filter or anything really on the pre-existing views. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Existing views no receiving data after activating User ID - extra strange

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Ismael,

It sounds like the issue likely lies in your implimentation of your modified Universal Analytics code. Since to have the User ID feature working properly one must create their own IDs and keep track of them there is a good chance your modified code may be causing the issue.

How are you assigning User IDs? When a new visitor creates an account on your website? Or are you trying to create a unique User ID for every new visitor to your website?

Regarding your new view showing traffic correctly it sounds like it wasn't properly implemented since the User ID feature requires a dedicated reporting view and should only show data from users from the User ID feature.

Let me know where you stand with this.
- Josh
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Existing views no receiving data after activating User ID - extra strange

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Josh, thanks for your reply.

Actually we plan to assign a user id for each session where the visitor signs in (or just after signup), using the database user id. But we are not sending any user id yet, tracking code has been modified yet.

Maybe it is also a processing delay issue? We are receiving around 9M sessions per month. And right now, I am seeing data for two of the three pre-existing view. I will wait until tomorrow to see it is just about processing delay and make and update.

Thanks again!