Analytics
5.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Exclude low-view URLs without losing URLs no longer in use

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to compare analytics on my site from last year to this year, and I'm doing this for each section of my site. Under behavior, I'm using filters to separate the site into sections. I've noticed that a whole bunch of URLs are appearing, each with very low views, that aren't really pages on my site. I'd like to exclude them from the total numbers of pageviews, but when I apply a filter excluding less than 25 pageviews, it knocks out several pages that existed on my site 2 years ago that did not exist last year. I'd like those numbers to still be included in the totals, if possible. Is there a way to only exclude pageviews under 25 if it has less than 25 pageviews in both of the periods I'm comparing?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Exclude low-view URLs without losing URLs no longer in use

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

That's an interesting problem. What I would do is bring in a secondary time dimension like year, month, or week number and apply the filter to a non-comparison based timeframe.

You would have to do the comparison manually of course so this may not be the best solution for you.

Re: Exclude low-view URLs without losing URLs no longer in use

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
is there anything in common with these URLs? If there is something you can use in a series of regular expressions - query string values, extensions, full host name, directory? What makes them not "really pages on my site"?