Analytics
7.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

ExactTarget Email Clicks way higher than shown in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

We are seeing a high number of clicks on our emails when in ExactTarget (over 25,000 a month) but these are not showing on Google Analytics... We are only seeing between 1,000 and 2,000 so is a really large difference. We aren't even getting 25,000 sessions on our site a month so something must be wrong here. Does anyone know why we would be seeing such a difference between the two?

Many thanks,

Fran

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Fran, 

There are two types of clicks in Gmail Sponsored Promotions. 

#1 - The first click is when someone clicks to open your ad. 

#2 - Secondly, after opening your ad they click to go to your Final URL. 

While you're only charged for the click that expands your ad, it can be sometimes confusing about the number of clicks. For more information check out this article: 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7019460?

Hope this helps, 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your response. My post was not related to sponsored ads though, it is only on our email campaigns that we are sending out using ExactTarget. Do you know anything about this?

Fran

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Long shot here but are there any problems with getting the pages from the links in your email to load?  I don't think that would equate to the difference you're seeing but perhaps your pages are not loading and therefore not showing in GA.