AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Events do not match screen/page names on which they actually occur

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

Howcome that in the Behavior > Events > Screens report, when you add a secondary dimension "Event category", the events listed for a given screen do not match the actual events that should occur on that screen? The same is true if you add a secondary dimension "Screen name" in the Behavior > Events > Top events report.

For example: I have Screen 1 where there is only one button with the tracked event "Button click" and I have Screen 2 where there are 3 other tracked events, let's say, "Event 1", "Event 2" and "Event 3".

Now in both reports described above I see something like:

Screen name - Event category - Total events

Screen 1 - Event 3 - 4

Screen 1 - Event 2 - 3

Screen 2 - Button click - 1

How is it possible to see "Button click" event matched with the Screen 2 where there is no button to click or "Event 3" and "Event 2" on Screen 1 where there are no such events being tracked?

Thank you.

Jane