Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Events Flow > Asterisk in Event Label

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm in Google Analytics > Behavior > Events > Event Flow.

I'm sorting by one category and action, so I can see all the events coming before and after.

2 things I think are pointing to the same issue:

1. When I view the Group Details of my main "bubble" in the flow, I see there is just one line, with my Category and Action, but just an asterisk in the Event Label.

2. When I use the Google Tag Assistant Recordings plugin to record my event sequences, I get the event sequence firing with the same Category and Action, but there is no Event Label for this result in the Tag Assistant Report.

What does this asterisk signify in the Event Label field in the Event Flow? Does this mean the field is null, and that's why it's not showing up on the Tag Assistant Report? Mean something else? Did a dev mis-type something trying to make a dynamic event label?

Re: Events Flow > Asterisk in Event Label

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google Tag Assistant appears to use the asterisk notation to aggregate all Labels into one metric. So I assume that's what the asterisk is. But the fact that there's no itemized list in the GA events flow, make me also assume it's null Label fields being aggregated.