Analytics
9.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Events Download Reporting Bug

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am seeing very strange things when I look at a download events based report.

If I look at June 1 through August 26, I get 4 download events from Twitter, and 6 from Facebook. If I then extend the date earlier to May 1 through August 26th, the numbers go down(to 3 and 2 respectively).  Why would Google take away downloads from their reporting?  It makes no sense.  What would explain this issue?

June_Report.pngMay_Report.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Could it be down to sampling?

If you go to the actual Top Events report and increase the accuracy i.e. drag the slider to Higher Precision, does it get any better?

PS: To increase sampling accuracy click on the dotted square just below the date range box.  

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks.  I thought of that too but that wasn't the issue.  I think I figured it out though.  The segments I was using were using "user data" for social media sessions.  Unfortunately, GA will only give you about 90 days of that user data.  So if you go beyond 90 days they automatically change your data range and give you a different result.  Very confusing and frustrating.  I will look into a work around but not sure there is going to be one.