Analytics
4.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Event and ecommerce tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a problem creating a report for which users that made an event and eventually made a purchase with a certain revenue.

I can solve the event and purchase part by looking at a certain event and then use the segement "Made a purchase", but that don't show me how much revenue that event gives me.

Do I have to use event value for that?

So: Can i somehow track customers sitevide in both Behavioral reports and Ecommerce reports? I need to follow the customers through all available reports somehow.

To make it clearer:

A user clicks a certain button and triggers an event, he/she then visits a page and then converts with a certain quantity and revenue.

Can i somehow get all that information in the same report? As I can see the the events and the ecommerce tracking can't be combined?

Please advise!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Event and ecommerce tracking

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
There might be a few ways of achieving what you want.

Custom report
Create a report with the ecommerce dimensions and metrics of your choice, then in the report filter pass the event in question.

Segment
Create a Sequences segment with two or more steps (the number of steps will depend on your analytics setup) so that you recreate the desired journey.

Hope that helps.