AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Event Category and Event Action Data Discrepancy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In my current Google Analytics implementation, there's an issue with my event categories.

I drill down into my behavior reports and select events. I select the event category that I am looking for and the action has a greater value than the category.

For example, this is how the data looks.

Event Category: Test = 50

Event Action: Click = 120

I have had a developer check all of the events being pushed to the DataLayer and I have double check my triggers in GTM.

Could this be a sampling issue? The site that I am tracking receives a substantial amount of traffic.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Event Category and Event Action Data Discrepancy

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting. I will look into this for you and update this thread or I will reach out to you via email for more information.

Thanks,

Krisha

Re: Event Category and Event Action Data Discrepancy

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Robert,

As we don't have access to your account from here, it's hard to tell exactly what is happening. However, sampling could be a factor. If you see a highlighted bar, then sampling is in place.

You could select a shorter date range to avoid sampling or adjust the sampling rate and  see if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Krisha