Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Event Category and Event Action Data Discrepancy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In my current Google Analytics implementation, there's an issue with my event categories.

I drill down into my behavior reports and select events. I select the event category that I am looking for and the action has a greater value than the category.

For example, this is how the data looks.

Event Category: Test = 50

Event Action: Click = 120

I have had a developer check all of the events being pushed to the DataLayer and I have double check my triggers in GTM.

Could this be a sampling issue? The site that I am tracking receives a substantial amount of traffic.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Event Category and Event Action Data Discrepancy

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting. I will look into this for you and update this thread or I will reach out to you via email for more information.

Thanks,

Krisha

Re: Event Category and Event Action Data Discrepancy

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Robert,

As we don't have access to your account from here, it's hard to tell exactly what is happening. However, sampling could be a factor. If you see a highlighted bar, then sampling is in place.

You could select a shorter date range to avoid sampling or adjust the sampling rate and  see if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Krisha