Analytics
4.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Error In Landing Page Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

We are seeing very odd data from the Landing Pages of one of our projects - the URL's in the report are all 404 landing pages since URL has '/Home' on the end. We've checked the settings with GA and all looks fine and there's no problem with our traffic data too.

Landing Page Error.JPGWrong Landing Page URL
Anyone knows why or how this happened. Is this something about the implementation of our tracking code?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Monitor 4 :-)

Couple of things to check..

Is it only happening for landing pages or is it also occuring with other pages in the Behaviour > Site content > All pages report too?

My usual suggestion would be the following however you've mentioned you have checked the GA settings

- see if the website url is entered correctly in both the Property Settings Page and each View Settings Page

- on the View Settings page immediately following the Timezone/Location setting is an optional Default Page setting (not all websites have a default page)
- Are any filters applied to the View that may be rewriting/changing the url structure?

Are you able to possibly provide the website address?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Bronwyn V,

Thank you for checking this out for us. We tried all the options and suggestions you mentioned but still can't get the answer. We have 2 filters set up in our View Settings but they're all for spam filter and invalid traffic record only. e.g. secret.google.com & spam traffic filters.

Property Settings is also good and doesn't show any of the faulty configuration. I hope we can find other user here in the community who got the same issue before.

The project is h2flow.com.au

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Monitor 4 :-)

Is it only happening for landing pages, or is it also happening in the Behaviour > Site Content > All pages report too?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Bronwyn V,

This is happening in both of the report section.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

sorry for the 20 questions.

Do you have more than one View?

Or do you have just the single View with the spam filters applied to it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, have same issue on one of our project. Did you find solution? 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@OlegRR

are you able to share the website url?

Re: Error In Landing Page Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Of course. bloomex.com.au 

image.jpeg

Errors in both sections.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Thanks @OlegRR

Strange that its not happening to all urls though.

1) Are the problematic urls for paid ads?
2) Are there any filters applied to the GA View

3) are there any redirects going on or javascript that might be altering some of the requestURIs

and how analytics sees them?