Analytics
3.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced Ecommerce - Product Data and Transactions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All:

I am trying to create a simple custom report which shows Product Revenue metric for the following dimensions: Transaction ID | Affiliation | Product | Product Revenue. However the report returns no data.

I've tried selecting first the metric of 'Revenue' rather than 'Product Revenue', however that eliminates the dimension options of 'Product' and 'Product Category'.

I realize Transactions are parents of Items, but I don't see why I can't query for child detail (i.e. product category, product, product revenue) with parent level values included in dimension (i.e. Affiliation). This would be simple to accomplish in SQL... Also, I can do this with standard reports available in Ecommerce section, by selecting a secondary dimension - so why not in custom? User error on my part?

Thanks for your help.

Tyler

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Enhanced Ecommerce - Product Data and Transactions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The info is looking for is available in standard reports because those account for some data agregation.
Custom reports don't, which is whay you can't have transaction-level data coexist with item-level data.

If you were a 360/Premium user, you could use BigQuery and pull that data without a problem, though.
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan