Analytics
5.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Enabled Cohort Analysis - Lost data for demographics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Yesterday I was able to view my demographic data - today I cannot. When I tried googling the issue, it says that I do not have enough data which does not make any sense as I had insights yesterday. The only thing I did yesterday differently was enable cohort analysis.

Please Help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Enabled Cohort Analysis - Lost data for demographics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Luci, 

What span of time are you inspecting the demographic data? There is such a thing as data threshold which essentially, if there is too low a number of visitors it will withhold data to guard the anonymity of said visitors. 

Here's a more detailed summary: 

Data thresholds

Thresholds are applied to prevent anyone viewing a report from inferring the demographics or interests of individual users. When a report contains Age, Gender, or Interest Category (as a primary or secondary dimension, or as part of an applied segment), a threshold may be applied and some data may be withheld from the report. For example, if there are fewer than N instances of Gender=male in a report, then data for the male value may be withheld.

If a threshold has been applied to a report, you will see a notice below the report title.

Source: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2799357? 

Let me know if this solves your problem. 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’