Analytics
4.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce tracking has put me over the threshold for demographics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've just set up Ecommerce Tracking in Analytics but I have subsequently lost all my demographics data - there is a notification saying that the reports have been removed when a threshold was applied. What is this threshold and how can I rectify this? I need to be able to look at my demographics and track ecommerce transactions.

Thanks!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

What that means is that you have come to close to observing the behaviour of individual users. This is described in the support documentation here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2799357?hl=en#thresholds

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks! - but I'm looking at a time frame of the last year - how can this be the case? it seems to have happened since I set up ecommerce tracking - is this related?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Not sure - do you have a segment applied when you're looking at the data? I've worked on properties with demographics data enabled, and ecommerce, without losing the ability to view the demographic data.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sophie S
February

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No but I think I've worked it out - we haven't had enough transactions recorded yet to blur the information of individual users so I won't be able to see demographics until we've made more sales. We're a startup you see....

Do you think that could be it? 

Its a shame because I don't want to have to choose between one and the other but at this stage our general demo graphical information is more valuable.