Analytics
6.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce tracking discrepancy since end of 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

We have had GA ecommerce tracking installed for quite a few years now, we also have Business objects reporting as well for all of the financial business reporting, we usually have a 1-2% difference in the figures which is acceptable due to things such as cancelled orders are processed in BO but not in GA. Recently since the end of last year we have seen a much larger increase in the discrepancy between GA and BO with GA now under-reporting the figures by around 5%.

Has anyone else noticed any issues like this since the end of last year or can anyone think of any reasons for the drop eg with any GA releases?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ecommerce tracking discrepancy since end of 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

the trend of opting out is growing steadily, or so I have understood but I don't know can it be blamed for the total growth in under-reporting.

Most likely it is the sum of many little things like visitor using larger variety of devices etc.

Can you see which orders were started (can you see ALL the transaction IDs generated (also those that were not completed))? That should give you the info if it is problem in your checkout process (code does not have time to execute etc.) or is it in fact that you cannot get those transactions since people have opted out from tracking in whole.

Let me know!

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible