Analytics
4.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce and event data dissapeared (25/10)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All ecommerce and event data from yesterday (Oct 25th) suddenly disappeared from our Analytics. All day yesterday was tracked properly during the course of the day, and even this morning all the comparison data worked ok - then all of a sudden today is comparing vs 0 and looking at reports for yesterday everything is set to 0.

We have not changed anything in the server-to-server or client side implementations.
Any known disturbances or glitches that might have caused this - and how to fix it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Ecommerce and event data dissapeared

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are encountering something similar: some of our Google Analytics data from yesterday (Oct 25) is missing. We are showing 69 visitors, but zero (!) sessions. The data was normal yesterday. We haven't changed anything. Any ideas? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes seeing something similar page views and users seem normal but sessions is far below the level I would have expected for yesterday.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our missing sessions data appears to have been restored (as of about 10am EST on Oct 26). Thanks, Google!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our events and ecommerce data is unfortunately still missing. 

Its so weird since yesterday it worked both in realtime and reports. but today all of the data points except sessions from yesterday are gone.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

I am seeing this as a common complaint on this board today several people have the same issue, unfortunately I am not my totals are within the fluxuation percentage of what we would expect each day. I also work mostly from BI software but lately have been looking at the GA UI just because I am expecting a new version and want to see if it offers any more insights or reports.

I suspect that GA servers are recalculating the data collected and the data will show up with in 24 - 48 hours.

Re: Ecommerce and event data dissapeared

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, i have been looking at this in a bit more detail, it looks like an issue with users that have been on my site before not registering in Google analytics, the new user sessions have gone through the roof.

Since January 2016 our daily average is 60% but yesterday it rocketed up to 88.02% my site has never been above 62% in 8 years.

Can you guys check your New Sessions to see if your seeing the same? 

Screenshot 2016-10-26 20.45.01.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For us the %new sessions is super high this week because we've only been live for 2.5 months and running a massive campaign after being off air for three weeks. so though yesterday was exceptional at 94% new sessions - that was to be expected.